Wednesday, July 17, 2024

On Quiet Exiles and Unaccountable Escalations: My Letter to the Editors of Faith Today

A few months ago I wrote a letter to the editors of Faith Today because I was concerned about things I was hearing about the breaking of relationships within and between Christian institutions and denominations in Canada. The letter was published in the July/August issue, and can be found here

I'm including a screenshot below, after which I will also include the last sentences of the original letter, which the editors left out with my permission (presumably for space). I include it here not to protest the edit but to add a fuller picture of my heart and thinking. 

Screenshot from the July/August 2024 edition of Faith Today

Here are the last sentences of my original letter: "Regardless of where we stand on the issue of gender and sexuality, it is a grievous matter if Christian institutions are quietly imposing exiles and breaking fellowship rather than seeking and speaking truth in love. Thank you again for your willingness to look into such matters."

No comments:

Blogroll